8 Helpful Plumbing Tips From A Plumber Near Me In | Bullhead City, AZ
Do you want more plumbing tips from a licensed “plumber near me in” Bullhead City, AZ? Here are more tips that help you protect your home from water damage and save money. If you have questions, feel free to get in touch with us anytime. We’re always here to help.
More tips from a plumber:
1. Get a water pressure gauge. Do you know your home’s water pressure? You can check the water pressure in your home using a water pressure gauge. Do make sure it’s within the normal range of 40-60 PSI. If it’s outside this range, call a “plumber near me in” right away for assistance. Low water pressure can indicate a leak in your plumbing so get professional leak detection right away. You have to be careful with high water pressure as well as it can severely strain the pipes. If you’re unable to resolve the problem, the high water pressure can damage the pipes and you’ll end up with a catastrophic leak that will cost you a fortune in repairs.
2. Be careful with tree roots. Are there trees near your home? Call a professional to inspect the area. We don’t really advise planting near your plumbing as they can cause major damage if you don’t know how to care for your plumbing. Tree roots are attracted to moisture and water, so a tiny leak is enough to make them penetrate your pipes and cause major damage. You will be calling a “plumber near me in” and paying for a costly repair if you don’t do something about the tree roots.
3. Be careful with hidden leaks. There are two types of leaks to watch out for: obvious leaks and hidden leaks. Hidden leaks usually take the form of water spots in the basement or the walls, and we suggest you get in touch with a “plumber near me in” right away. These types of leaks can progress into a major plumbing emergency that will cost you a lot of money in repairs, restorations and replacements. If you suspect leaks in your plumbing, we recommend calling a licensed plumber in Bullhead City, AZ right away to resolve the problem.
4. Get professional drain cleaning. A clogged drain is one of the most common types of plumbing problems most homeowners face. Thankfully, it can be avoided by watching what goes down the drain. Install strainers to catch food particles or dirt that can cause a clog. Better yet, consider installing a garbage disposal to help you better manage your food waste. Most importantly, call a licensed plumber for a professional drain cleaning service. Our plumbing experts at Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County have drain cameras that help us see the interior of the pipes to help us better resolve the problem. Depending on the severity of the problem we might use a hydro jetter to thoroughly clean the plumbing pipes. So if you need a “plumber near me in“, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us anytime. As soon as we get your call, we will schedule you for an appointment at the earliest possible time.
5. Get professional leak detection. Getting a high water bill and having low water pressure are signs of a leak in your plumbing. If you suspect a leak, we suggest calling a plumber for professional leak detection. You can also test for leaks by doing a water meter test. You can simply compare the separate readings; if they’re different, it means there’s a leak in your plumbing. Call a “plumber near me in” ASAP to help you locate the leak. Never postpone any repairs to prevent further damage to your plumbing.
6. Don’t ignore a leaky toilet. Are you aware that you can waste hundreds of gallons of water each day if you don’t fix a leaky toilet? This can significantly increase your water bill. You need to call a plumber immediately to help you resolve this issue. You can test for toilet leaks by dropping food coloring into the tank and checking the toilet bowl after. If the water changes color, this means a leak in the toilet. It’s better to get in touch with a “plumber near me in” immediately.
7. Maintain your water heater. A water heater is expensive, which is why it’s important to keep them efficient. Otherwise, you will end up calling a “plumber near me in” for costly repairs or end up buying a new water heater. Part of water heater maintenance is to flush out the water heater to remove the sediment buildup. You need to do this or the sediment build-up can significantly affect the efficiency of your water heater. You’ll start to have issues with your water heater such as not having enough hot water and experiencing fluctuating water temperatures. It’s also important to check your water heater from time to time for any damage or wear and tear. If there are issues, call a plumber immediately for assistance.
8. Switch to stainless steel braided washing machine hoses. If you have older washing machine hoses, we suggest you replace them with a more durable hose. For installation, ensure you only hire a licensed plumber.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County Today
Do you need the services of a “plumber near me in” today? You’ve come to the right place. At Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County, we prioritize our customers first. Our plumbers in Bullhead City, AZ, work hard all the time to ensure all problems are resolved and all customers are happy with our services. We can help with any plumbing repairs or installations. Our team can assist with professional drain cleaning and leak detection as well.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County today to set an appointment.
Photo By ppart at Shutterstock