Plumbing Problem? Don’t Wait! Hire A Plumber | Kingman, AZ
You use your home’s plumbing system daily and rely on it extensively to get things done. When one part of the system isn’t working correctly, simple daily tasks cannot be performed, making your life inconvenient.
When a plumbing issue arises, it’s essential to hire a plumber in Kingman, AZ immediately before the problem escalates, resulting in an expensive repair bill.
#1 No Water
A lack of hot water is the most obvious sign it’s time to hire a plumber. You rely on running water all day, and if water isn’t entering the house, you can’t perform simple daily tasks.
It’s best to call the water company before hiring a professional to ensure your service hasn’t been terminated and there isn’t an outage. The last thing you want is to pay for a service call when the issue has nothing to do with the plumbing system. If everything checks out with the water company, it’s time to hire a plumber. A few issues can cause a lack of water, including:
- Aged materials can reduce water pressure and stop water flow entirely over time.
- A significant clog in the water delivery line.
- An issue with the water main
- Frozen pipes
A licensed professional will inspect the plumbing system to quickly diagnose and resolve the issue.
#2 Drain Issues
Water should flow quickly down the drain, and a few drain issues can prevent the water from draining correctly. If your drains experience any of the following problems, hiring a plumber is best.
- The water drains slowly: There’s likely a small clog in the drain if the water drains slowly. Slow drains are frustrating because there’s a risk of an overflow when the water runs too long. Also, ignoring the problem will allow the clog to escalate and prevent water from draining.
- The water won’t drain: When water doesn’t drain, and there’s standing water in the sink or tub, there’s likely a significant clog in the drain that won’t allow the water to pass. This problem must be addressed immediately because you can’t use the fixture until removing the clog.
- Noisy drains: Water should flow down the drain quickly and quietly if the drains are clean and clear. If the drains gurgle when the water drains, it indicates a clog in the drain. When the water cannot pass a clog, it will change directions to find an alternate route, causing an air pocket in the drain, causing a gurgling sound. Allowing the problem to persist will result in a complete clog, preventing you from using the fixture until the clog is eliminated.
- Multiple drain issues: If numerous drains are noisy, slow, or clogged, it indicates a sewer line clog. This problem should not be ignored because the clog will continue to grow, and eventually, the water and waste will have nowhere to go and will back up into the house, creating a nasty, hazardous mess.
A licensed plumber has the knowledge and tools to remove any size clog, allowing the drains to function correctly.
#3 Toilet Clog
Most people have dealt with a toilet clog at least once in their lives, and most clogs can be eliminated with a plunger, so they aren’t a significant reason for concern. If your toilet is clogged and the plunger isn’t helping, you must hire a plumber in Kingman, AZ. You can’t use the toilet until the clog is eliminated, so it’s best to make the call immediately, especially if you only have one bathroom.
The plumber won’t be effective if the clog is large, solid, or located too far down the drainpipe for the plunger to help.
A licensed plumbing tech will use a drain auger to eliminate the clog, and they can remove the toilet if necessary to reach the clog.
Plumbing leaks should never be ignored because the leaking water will cause water damage, mold growth and cause your water bills to increase. Most leaks will leave visible signs, such as standing water and water spots. Some clogs can be more challenging to detect and cause issues you wouldn’t expect from a plumbing leak, such as puddles outside, greener lusher grass in certain areas of the yard, dampness in the basement, and warm basement floors.
It’s essential to schedule an appointment for emergency service to resolve the issue to prevent further problems. A licensed plumbing tech can locate and fix the affected pipe and can use leak detection equipment if they can’t find the leak.
#5 Sump Pump Repair
A sump pump is your basement’s best defense against floods. If the water level in the pit reaches a certain point, the sump pump will automatically pump the water away from the foundation, preventing significant damage. If the sump pump isn’t working, your basement and foundation are at risk, so it’s essential to recognize the signs that you need to hire a plumbing professional to resolve the problem.
- The pump makes strange sounds.
- It vibrates violently when running.
- The pump runs constantly.
- Irregular cycling
- Visible rust
- The pump doesn’t kick on when the water reaches the threshold in the pit.
If you suspect your sump pump isn’t working correctly, immediately hiring a plumber in Kingman, AZ is best. The last thing you want is to be unprepared when severe weather hits, causing your basement to flood, so you should make the call immediately.
Call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County
If you have a plumbing problem and need to hire a plumber, look no further than Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County.
We’re a full-service plumbing company, and our techs are professionally trained, highly skilled, and have the knowledge and experience to handle any job, big or small. They will arrive at your home on time in a fully-stocked truck so that most repairs can be made on the same day. This will avoid the need for a second service call, and the problem will be resolved quickly. We also provide emergency service 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to fix urgent issues quickly.
To schedule an appointment for plumbing service, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing of Mohave County today.
Photo By Ethen Dell at istock